View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #70
tommywjf
tommywjf began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Always remember this one caveat to that thought, it applies only if there are device which does what you want now and will continue to do so for the lifespan you expect from the device.

I say it because, while these days other tech devices offer trivial "upgrades", ebook reader devices are still far from stable. For sure right now the closest "sure things" are the Kindle, Sony and probably the iRex DR1000S (I just have no experience with the iRex but everyone seems to like theirs). Other than those, I feel waiting just a bit, until sometime between November to January will be a worthwhile move. I offer for example all the issues being discussed with the Astak PocketPro (battery issues as well as peeling paint from their cases.) Definitely a case where waiting makes sense because the device is new w/o any track record.

Still, in general, completely right, if the device you want is there now and you can honestly afford it, heck just buy it!
I agree to the point that ebook reader is not stable yet. To me, an ebook reader should be matched exactly as a real paper, on which you can see colors and even take note by colorful annotations.
tommywjf is offline   Reply With Quote