View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
fictionwise multi-format... except .mobi

A month ago I purchased 9 books from fictionwise. 6 books were multi-format kindle compatible .mobi files. I read the Monster Series by David Wellington and was getting ready to start reading the Bloodscream sereies by Robert W. Walker when to my suprise all I can view is a single page showing a copyright notice and a url for books to fictionwise.

I re-downloaded the books, and again it was the same. I then decided to try the .prc files and they worked fine. The .mobi files had extra metadata that the .prc files don't. The .prc files have no cover and no table of contents. I have contacted fictionwise and await their response.

I just thought I'd share this problem and temporary work around for anyone else who may have the same problem.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote