Thread: Reading apps
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 03:37 AM   #11
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieminx View Post
Hi does anyone know a reading app for windows that will let me read my own books as kindle only lets you read books you have purchased from Amazon i cant send my own books to it

Thanks
Try 'Icecream eBook reader'

This is a reasonable app for reading eBooks on the computer, it’s fairly simple to use and it’s free
I like the sepia background as it’s more relaxing than stark white
The controls on the right allow to have one page or two pages on the screen
and by continually clicking on the large A the print size can be enlarge to your liking

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...9vCNx5LP9LI-Sw

Click on the blue ‘Download Now’ box, ignore the other stuff that is advertised
Then click on the blue ‘External Mirror 1’ box
Never click on the ‘Upgrade’ box, it’s not worth the money and the free version is more than adequate

I read mobi and epub using Icecream eBook reader
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote