Thread: Reading apps
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 08:44 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Chapman View Post
Hi Sweetpea - that is an interesting observation. When I started out developing Freda, I definitely intended that it should just do 'reading books', not 'managing a library'. But user requests and features of the Windows Phone platform pushed me into implementing library management anyway. It would be an easy fix to provide Freda with a 'lite' mode in which it did not display a list of book sources, did not provide library management and did not let you edit book embedded data. In 'lite' mode Freda would just display a list of (say 6) most recently opened books on its main screen, and the normal way to launch it would be to click on an EPUB or FB2 file. Would that be valuable to you?
The only thing I use on my tablet is simple reading (changing background colour, depending on location and time, and margin/font sizes being the only other thing). It's almost sad that there is not a simple reader application out there, that simply provides some basic layout settings (font colour, background colour, font size, margins) without most of the advanced settings. At least on a full windows machine.

I already use Freda on my phone and I find it's a very nice reader in general, so there's nothing wrong with it! I've no idea how Freda looks on a Windows 10 PC though, as I don't think I'll ever upgrade my tablet to Windows 10...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote