Thread: Reading apps
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 04:53 AM   #8
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
The biggest problem I have with most of those book apps is that they'll make a copy of your book in their own library. I already have my books in a library, I really don't need a second copy. Which is why I simply use the reader that comes shipped with Calibre.
Hi Sweetpea - that is an interesting observation. When I started out developing Freda, I definitely intended that it should just do 'reading books', not 'managing a library'. But user requests and features of the Windows Phone platform pushed me into implementing library management anyway. It would be an easy fix to provide Freda with a 'lite' mode in which it did not display a list of book sources, did not provide library management and did not let you edit book embedded data. In 'lite' mode Freda would just display a list of (say 6) most recently opened books on its main screen, and the normal way to launch it would be to click on an EPUB or FB2 file. Would that be valuable to you?
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote