View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #1389
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Favorite tablet?
By far Microsoft Surface Pro.
I have 2 absolute favorites:
a.) NVIDIA Shield for playing. A dream come true. I hate touch screens for games. For Sudoku it's fine. But from time to time I want to revive the classics like R-Type. Here NVIDIA Shield can't be beat.
b.) Microsoft Surface Pro (2) for the rest.
Instead of stumbling through iTunes or Google Play, I simply can install whatever program I like. And it performs great.

But I frequently use Microsoft's OneNote. Not for handwriting recognition, but simply for jotting down notes.
From the touch and feel, #2 would be Google Chromebook Pixel.
But I sold it a few weeks ago. Personally, I simply didn't find a reasonable usage pattern for the (great) touchscreen on a unit, that's basically a notebook.

So #2 actually is my Dell Latitude 10. Another Windows 8 tablet.
Extremely light. And the exchangeable battery is brilliant.
Thanks, I was looking at the Surface Pro 2 when my home computer crashed. So, the tablet is off the table until the new computer is set up. I really, really wanted a 3 in 1, but the market is just not there yet, maybe next year. I like lots of tech, too - not quite as many as you have, but a lot! So, a tablet is next on my list - maybe on black Friday... no, no, I must resist!
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote