View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #1387
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
What don't you like about the 10" tablets? Size or weight?
About size you obviously can't do anything.
But re. weight, I'm again and again surprised, how light my Dell Latitude 10 is.
It's not as powerful as i5 units of course, but still surprisingly efficient.
I even could imagine myself, using it as a reader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I wouldn't want a W8 tablet physically smaller than my Surface Pro; I think the screen would be too small to comfortably run most programs on, and you'd need to use an external keyboard which would be bigger than the device itself, which would be a nuisance.
I think 10" is too large for my wants. 7" would be perfect, 8" would be fine too. And even on 10", I'd use an external keyboard (I even use an external keyboard on my laptop, which is 17" and that one has a full keyboard, including a separate numpad...)

I do have a few things a tablet would need, one of which is the ability to charge using micro-usb and a non-capacitive pen (i.e. a pen with an actual point...) In other words, I am looking for a comparable device to my HTC Flyer, except that it needs to run Windows instead of Android. It doesn't need to be ultra-powerful, I don't need it for my job (even 10" would be way too small for that, this 17" laptop I'm working on now is perfect...), but I want it for some light work, but mostly for reading and internet consuming. I could buy a decent Android tablet (I have looked at the Note 8, that one is the only one that has pen support), but after I got my Lumia 800 (recently replaced with a 920), I decided I prefer Windows over Android any day....

(I wouldn't discard a Windows RT tablet either, however, there are no 8" RT tablets available nor announced)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote