View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #1381
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
So, what is your favorite tablet right now? PS I, too, switched to the PW for reading at night and outside in the bright light.
Favorite tablet?
By far Microsoft Surface Pro.

I had been enthusiastic about iPad in 2010. And I bought iPads 1, 2 and 3 plus mini. In parallel, I bought quite a few Android tablets.
But when I'm honest to myself, all I did was fooling around. Stumbling (BTW: StumbleUpon is one of my favorite apps) around in iTunes and Google Play, permanently installing new apps (at one point, I had about 11.000 apps in iTunes). But rarely actually using any app.
Now, all has changed for me.
I have 2 absolute favorites:
a.) NVIDIA Shield for playing. A dream come true. I hate touch screens for games. For Sudoku it's fine. But from time to time I want to revive the classics like R-Type. Here NVIDIA Shield can't be beat.
b.) Microsoft Surface Pro (2) for the rest.
Instead of stumbling through iTunes or Google Play, I simply can install whatever program I like. And it performs great.
And the unit itself is great. Phantastic touch and feel.
I even tried BlueStacks (emulating Android) and it worked fine. So, should I really miss any app, I easily could use Android in parallel.
And: I love the stylus.
Steve Jobs was right: If you need a stylus for simple tasks like switching apps, the OS did fail.
But I frequently use Microsoft's OneNote. Not for handwriting recognition, but simply for jotting down notes.
I even made 2 presentations in OneNote. The audiences did love it. Totally new experience.

From the touch and feel, #2 would be Google Chromebook Pixel.
But I sold it a few weeks ago. Personally, I simply didn't find a reasonable usage pattern for the (great) touchscreen on a unit, that's basically a notebook.

So #2 actually is my Dell Latitude 10. Another Windows 8 tablet.
Extremely light. And the exchangeable battery is brilliant.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote