View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Don't own an iPad and so haven't had a leer (or possibly an eye-roll) at this:

The Waste Land for iPad
Neither have I. I just remembered watching a video about it when it first came out. I'm more of a traditional reader and all those extra material is overkill for me. But if I were teaching literature I guess I'd come up with uses for such things. Or maybe not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
A glance at the right column of that page shows F&F desperately trying to create an electronic theme park out of their literary back-catalog.

Have a look at the rather tasteless cover for the 50th Anniversary Edition of Plath's novel about slipping into mental illness and attempting suicide (after all, "one year in every ten [she] manage[d] it"). The cover makes it look as though Plath just needed a makeover.
That cover is rather disgusting indeed. Trying to sell the book to the chick-lit readership, I guess. Some unsuspecting customers might be in for an unpleasant surprise.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote