Thread: MobileRead May 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #22
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Let's do May over.

Okay, let's do May over, starting with the nominations. I was so busy I forgot to nominate Black Jack Justice by Gregg Taylor. 24 reviews at Amazon give this book an overall 5-star rating. Just finished it a couple of weeks ago and the stars are well-deserved.

I love "Old Squarejaw" and his partner Trixie Dixon, "Girl Detective". For the uninitiated, their exploits can be heard via podcast at Decoder Ring Theater. The book is a prequel to the web series and tells how they met and why they decided to go into business together, even though they profess to hate each other's guts. I could not recommend this book highly enough; it's one of my most enjoyable reading experiences of this or any other year.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote