View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 05:43 AM   #555
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjallenupthehill View Post
Come on, this is blatant disingenuousness.

Your criticisms are not aimed at anonymous people, they aimed at others in the thread who are opposed to your viewpoint.
Absolutely not. If you can find me one forum -- anywhere -- that prohibits the disparaging of groups of people (not based on race, sex, religion) then that would be the first one I've ever seen. Every forum I've ever come across that prohibits personal insults makes the distinction between the personal and general. Either you're disingenuous when you say you don't see the difference or you're really dense.

I've never come across a forum that would ban the use of relatively innocuous words such as "sheeple." This is not profanity we're talking about here. But, I guess to Apple fans, the word is profoundly profane. Which I find very funny in itself. If someone here were to say some or many Android fans were blind lemmings, so what? No big deal. That's merely someone's opinion and it isn't a personal insult. I can only conclude the use of the word "sheeple" in any context hit too close to home for many actually engaging in this and other recent Apple-related threads here in the news forum, which kind of validates the usage of the term to begin with.

In regards to my own specific use of the "SH" word , I suggest you go back and read this entire thread as well as the thread titled "$329 iPad Mini" ... where I explained on more than one occasion my use of the term and specifically who it relates to. Obviously you (and others) missed it.

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 11-17-2012 at 06:04 AM.