View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #1170
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm bemused that people without SOs are too thick to get why we are upset. We knew they were ads---duh! But in the USA what Amazon did was what we call a "bait and switch."
Umm...no...they gave you a discount to agree to have an ad-subsidized unit. Period.
As a bonus, the gave you some very valuable offers for a while. And they might again.
There's no bait and switch. There is a whiff of bratty entitlement.

If they charged you EXTRA with a promise of valuable special offers and then stopped giving them, then you might have cause to demand your money back.
As it is, if you are unhappy with the special offer deal, just demand that Amazon TAKE back the $40 you saved, and the Special offer feature will go away. There's even a button for that on the web site.

('Bait and Switch...' Give me a frickin' break. "Hello, Bunko Squad? Amazon gave me a discount, gave me a bunch of high-value money saving deals, then they started to give me only offers I don't have use for! They must be punished! <click> Hello?")

Last edited by ApK; 06-08-2012 at 04:05 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote