View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
In Praise of Fictionwise

Disclaimer: I have no affilation with them except as a customer.

I would like to take the opportunity to recognize Fictionwise as a leader in the digital format for ebooks.

This is a company that really seems to be concerned about their customers and (wonder of wonders!) about the software that fronts the purchasing of their ebooks. Buying from them - an exchange of money for services rendered - is a pleasant exercise in negotiation.

They are responsive and attentive to their customers. (However, I have yet to see them correct the spelling on a book I purchased from them, where the word "weird" is misspelled as "wierd," even though I sent them an email on this and they responded by thanking me.)

I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I added $40 to my micropay account, preparatory to buying about 12 books. They flagged this amount and offered me a $5 discount on any 1 or 2 year membership. Additionally, I recieved 15% off from the 25% already off store-wide sale celebrating their 8 years of existence (and the Sale ends today, by the way). They also offer up to $10 off an ebook if you rejoin. I imagine this is available toward the end of my one year memebership.

Again, I have no affiliation with them. I recognize, of course, that they are in the business of selling ebooks to make a profit. Yet, I have this sense, also, that they geunuinely care about the health of the industry and about thier customers.

I am proud to be a customer of Fictionwise.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote