View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
BillSmithBooks
Padawan Learner
BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: www.OutlawGalaxy.com, Foothills of NY's Adirondack mountains
Device: My PC...using Puppy Linux (FBReader, Calibre, Kindle Cloud Reader,
1) The "evil company" out to destroy us all and take away our rights versus "the good company" out to

Pick your steel cage match ups: Apple vs Amazon, Amazon vs B&N/Kobo or Smashwords and all the non-DRM vendors, Google vs Microsoft, Apple vs the World, the Big 6 vs Amazon...I'm still holding out hope that Smashwords will

2) How Epub is "open" (despite non-standard DRM) and Amazon's system is closed (despite many books being published DRM-free and that you can get .mobi/.prc format books from a multitude of other sites besides Amazon).

This is a subset of the "format wars" flamewar...Epub vs Mobi, no disqualification, no countouts...with PDF, HTML, RTF and a gaggle more standing on the sidelines flailing about saying, "Oh, I'm an ebook format, too!"

3) "Self-pubbed authors aren't real authors" (oh yes we are, too, nah-nah) vs "published authors/publishing establishment", also the flamewars on traditionally published authors bailing for self-publishing and "what it all means."
BillSmithBooks is offline   Reply With Quote