View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #13
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
This is what I have found: After a change of batteries, you do need to hold the Power button in for longer than usual to turn on the unit - until you see the jetBook Lite logo appear on the screen. Normally, just a press-and-release will "wake up" the unit if the batteries have not been changed, and the JBL goes straight to wherever you left off. Similarly, a simple press-and-release puts the unit to sleep.

I use rechargeables and the JBL battery meter is definitely NOT accurate - slow to go down to half way then soon after that KAPOW, batteries have died. I am used to the behaviour by now, and start charging a set of batteries when I see the halfway mark. Like the Lady said, a slow charger is far superior to one that heats up the batteries too much. My current Powerex rechargeables are now > 5 years old and still holding their charge fairly well.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote