View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
That's the reason why I wrote your client should disable EPUBReader to check if the problem is caused by EPUBReader or not . When EPUBReader is disabled, she should load a content page directly into Firefox using "File/File open". To do so, she has to unzip the epub manually and load the page.
Mikelv:

I appreciate your advice, I genuinely do; but this client had to have a tech guy come out to her house to "install" FF and EPUBReader for her. She doesn't know to how unzip an epub or any other file. She doesn't know how to "disable" EpubReader. She doesn't know what a browser TAB is, FWIW. (I'm not making that up). Her "tech guy" was supposed to call me today but I haven't heard from him yet; I'll relay your instructions to him. As I said--she's a thousand miles away from me so I have no ability to do this for her, other than using something like "Instant Housecall," and I admit I'm a little trepidatious about that idea.

I could, however, send her an xhtml file/chapter and tell her to open it in FF...but I doubt she could figure out how to disable EPUBReader. Drat.

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 09-03-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote