View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Many (if not most) of the standard NiMH batteries are rated at a higher capacity (often significantly higher) than the prechargeables. If you will read frequently on the JBL, resulting in battery changes as often as every two or three weeks, those batteries may be of more interest to you. On the other hand, if you will read it only occasionally (as I do; I read on my TV, patched into my computer, at home), the Eneloops, which are rated at a lower capacity, will give you better life between charges.

My experience with Duracell, Energizer, Ray-o-vac, and Eneloops has been that the Eneloops are more reliable. I have had at least one (generally more) of the other three fail in less than a year but have never had any Eneloops, some that are over two years old, to ever fail. I literally have a warehouse of rechargeables to keep my electronic devices fed so it is a real advantage to me to have reliable batteries of one type so I don't have to keep track of what battery is for what device. Because of the large number of batteries I use, reliablility is very important to me.

No matter which you decide on, be sure to keep in mind that that slow charging (200mAh for example) will prolong the life you can expect before the battery will fail. Even if you never have more than eight batteries, four for the JBL and four spares, there will be plenty of time to recharge the discharged ones before the ones in the JBL have a chance to run down so there would be no advantage to fast charging.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote