View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Some do but you have to use their batteries and use the device itself and its charger to charge them.
I understand that. But in general, with a little planning, that has not proven too inconvenient. But all batteries wear out eventually. I figure most people will get at best 3 years out of a Jetbook's internal battery before the unit essentially becomes unusable.

Quote:
That could prove awkward if your batteries decide to die while waiting in a doctor's waiting room, the airport, or somewhere else where an outlet would be a wee bit difficult to find. Besides, the idea of being tethered to wall power on a portable device seems to me like having a paper book with a power cord attached to it. Carrying four spare AAs takes up no more room than a charger (mayhap less).
Oh, I agree, but when one considers that the built in batteries in my original Jetbook still lasted 8-10 hours after two years, I think a little planning is all that is required to make sure that is not much of an issue (A 15 hour flight on the other hand could be an issue).

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote