Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #1135
Dylan Tomorrow
Connoisseur
Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Android smartphone w/ FBReader
Smile Thanks for JBPatch

@Lab126 & Amazon: WTF! Way to be short-sighted idiots and hurt your own ecosystem long-term ... Loyalty is built by being awesome, not by being dicks to your community! How about you treat the devs here like you treat all the self-publishing writers, as valuable partners you can profit from? Urgh!

@Ixtab: Thank you for all the hard work on JBPatch sofar! It's a damn shame lab126 basically killed it for new firmware with their obfuscation bullshit. No-one can demand you to do thankless funless tedious code rewrites that add no functionality at all over and over again ...

I am just going to stay with the older firmware on my Touch then. My kindle would be way less fun to use without the custom font sizes and Fertigo as my reading font and the progress bar, so thanks for developing all that! Also, the framework is so damn buggy especially with sideloaded ebook files with less than perfectly valid HTML in them that I am rather glad I have a in-GUI option to "killall cvm" in JBPatch and Font Hack.

Plus thanks to all you other devs for developing the jailbreak. Thanks for the screensaver hack! And thanks for the USBNet hack! Being able to connect to my KT via SSH and look at the syslog in real time helped me understand more and more how it works and how I can sidestep some of its bugginess in using it. It made it less this frustrating closed-off mystery blackbox device and more like a linux tablet I can understand a bit and play around with and fix via console when it has issues just like my linux PC .

Dylan Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote