View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #208
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by textchimp View Post
Thanks for this info! I tried

Code:
p, body{
widows: 0; 
orphans: 0;
}
in my book conversion stylesheet in Calibre, and it seems to help with these page gaps, but it doesn't stop them completely in some cases. I can tell the setting is doing something though, because if e.g. I set widows to a high value like 10, there are pages with huge amounts of empty space at the bottom where the next paragraph has been withheld.
There might be some other styles being used for paragraphs. These need to be modified as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote