View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #41
Illinifan
Connoisseur
Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4, iPhone 4, iPod touch, Sony PRS 300
Two weeks ago in church, the pastor told us to turn to the person next to us and tell them our favorite novel. I turned to my 21 year old son and said "The Stand by Stephen King" and he replied "The Count of Monte Cristo". We agreed we'd read the other's book.

I finished TCoMC in about a week. Awesome. I'd read The Three Musketeers and The Man in the Iron Mask before, but for some reason I'd never picked up this book. It is definitely a classic.

One word of caution, though. My son handed me his paperwork B&N Classics version and I found out that it is abridged. So much so in fact that there are a couple of sub-plots that are entirely gone. The unabridged versions are available in ebook formats all over the Net so I'm going to re-read the longer version some months down the road.

I was more aware of what I was doing when I handed him the restored, full length version of The Stand. ;-)
Illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote