View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #23465
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

Even more than that. It depends upon how well you get on with your boyfriend AND your parents, all in the same confines.

And THIS to me is the most important... This will be an extremely high stress period in your life. Will the 'no privacy' create more stress? Or will living with your parents reduce it? It will be somewhat like 'traveling' for your boyfriend, and we all know that travel can put amazing stresses upon a relationship. Has he given thought to how he will feel living with YOUR parents? It's different for him than living with his. The ability to save a great deal of money may/may not be worth the effects these living conditions have on your relationships (note the plural.)

I'm going to sit back, drink a mug of Keemun tea, and think about how "I" would feel in this same situation... having been there myself once or twice!

Stitchawl
My BF and parents get on well. My brother (who still lives at home) and BF get on great. They behave more like two brothers than two people who didn't know each other until just a little more than a year ago.

I've asked him several times if he thinks he'll be OK living there. Because living there and visiting them for one day is not the same thing at all. He says 'yes'. He likes my parents. We'd make our bedroom and the adjoining library into our own sanctuary where we can spend time together. But I know he hasn't really thought it through. I have a feeling we'll spend the next couple of evenings talking about this.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote