Thread: Palm TX
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Tracy
Palm is free to pick and choose what functionality will be included at a given pricepoint.
Oh, I agree whole-heartedly with that, and didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I just think it's a bit of an odd move for the newer, higher-priced model to drop some functions that were on older, lower-priced ones (i.e. dimmer screen, no built-in flash-drive functionality, whatever).

At the same time, however, they do need to pay some attention to what their users expect, or risk that their users will cease to be theirs. But the choice rightfully remains theirs to make. Mostly I prefer they make choices that keep their company strong and delivering great products, whatever those choices prove to be. Capitalism is great that way.

Actually, the lack of a flash drive function doesn't perturb me, personally, in the slightest, as it makes more sense to me to use a standard USB flash drive (with its own connector) than carry around a cable to pretend my Pilot is a flash drive. I thought it was kind of brag-ware in the first place (look what this can do -- don't need it, won't use it, but ain't it cool?!) Besides, the way the prices are crazy dropping on the flash drives ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote