View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Yep, I get the "Thanks for the Survey" and I've never taken it. I just figured Kobo didn't want to hear how disappointed I was in their software.

The relationship between the recommendations and the input from the reader have no connection, in my experience. I can click "Not Interested", or "Already Read it" as many times as I like and it doesn't change the recommendations.

All the recommendations appear to come from any clicking on books on the web site I may be interested in. And, if I happen to click on a book that is deemed a Romance novel (even if it isn't a romance novel, or I didn't know it was a romance novel), then I will be flooded forever with romance novels, and no amount of clicking the "I'm not Interested" will alleviate the flood.

I'm a bit afraid to even look at a book on the site because I know what will happen. I exit and take a look at GoodReads to see what the book is about. Never click on a book on the Kobo site unless you're pleading guilty of loving that genre of book.

Do they really want to know what I'm interested in, then simply look at the book I've purchased in My Library. It's plain they don't do that since I'm continually recommended books that I've already purchased.

A bit frustrating. I simply ignore all the recommendations now. Too bad, because it could prove profitable for Kobo.
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote