View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #8
abatsukh
abatsukh began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
still have problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
When you click on "convert individually" there is a "look and feel" icon on the left. It has two options that might help. One is "input character encoding" and the other is "Transliterate unicode characters to ASCII". I suggested trying cp1252 in the encoding box, and what worked for monkeygirl351 was checking the transliterate box.

It can be hard to convert TXT to something else because plain text has no metadata (describing the properties of the document). The encoding is the convention used to map from the file's binary bits to characters. For English characters this does not matter because most encodings use the same convention for them, but they differ in how they map other binary patterns to characters. What you are seeing is binary patterns that have been mapped to the wrong character.

I tried both ways and still alot of question marks appear on the book. is it because the book is in spanish? please help, i need to read this book to improve my spanish asap. i was so excited to find the book for free on epub and now can't read it.
abatsukh is offline   Reply With Quote