View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
I understand your frustration DG, but with hypertexted books now not only possible, but useful, I think this will be on the rise.

Also consider the usefulness of this type of "augmented reading" (taken from the transhumanist term, augmented reality) in the classroom, where a student can immediately look up a potentially confusing reference as he or she is writing a paper without having to go track down 2 or 3 reference books.

In my own case, an RPG book where a term automatically links me to rules covering that case and other references dealing with that situation is potentially incredibly valuable.

I'm not religious, but the ability to buy a Bible with an attached reference wiki would be a massive resource for a religious studies major.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote