View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
In the UK there is currently no requirement for residents to have or carry identity cards.

There are plans in place to change this - first to have voluntary cards, eventually moving to compulsion, and I suspect eventual requirement to carry. This move includes the creation of a central identity database. I am strongly opposed to all of this, and am astonished to see serious proposals for it all.

ID cards do not affect security or safety at all. If anything it'll reduce security, as it'll give false reassurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Identity cards yes or no? This thought was prompted by an off topic post in a serious thread from Harry T asking what the price of passports were around the world.

As our membership is so international can I ask -

- Do you have to carry an identity document in your country
- If so is it your country of birth.
- How do you feel about having it or (conversely the lack of having)
- How do you feel it affects your security / safety having or not.

-And any other questions / reasons I may have missed
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote