View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
fiver22
fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, pc, kindle, stanza, shubook, hp touchpad , moon+
From a Stanza lover: I've switched to ShuBook

I'm writing this for anyone in the same boat that I've been in since Amazon bought Stanza:
So, I received an ipod touch 5th gen for christmas and I was TERRIFIED that, because it was preloaded with iOS6, Stanza wouldn't work. Luckily it did (for the most part). One thing that was slightly annoying was that it couldn't use the full screen width and the icons looked pretty 'meh' on the new display.
Then I got a notification to update to iOS6.0.1 -no fool is fiver22, and no update is worth risking Stanza's death ...but still, I had been wondering what might replace Stanza for me since Amazon bought it to drown it. I've tried many readers for the iphone/ipod touch (both on my old 3rd gen and this new 5th gen) and tried quite a few for android (mostly on a HP Touchpad running CM9) -I can't tell you how frustrating it has been to find time and time again that nothing, NOTHING compared to Stanza.
A few days ago I bought the paid version of ShuBook. I didn't use it right away, I bought it on the recommendation of a fellow Stanza lover but couldn't bring myself to even try it. Yesterday, instead of launching Stanza, I launched ShuBook. I'm sold.
It took me a few minutes of poking around and looking at the FAQ, but I'm a believer.
There are things that could be improved but the bottom line is that it works in all the major ways I need it to. I suspect that what could be improved will be improved as the devs seem keen on feedback.
iBooks, Bluefire, Kindle App., etc have nothing on it. The only thing I worry about now is some massive .mobi pusher buying it and letting it die.
(as an aside if anyone is friendly with the devs you should push them to open source it so we never have another Amazon/Stanza fiasco.)

tl;dr: As a lover of Stanza I decided to try ShuBooks SE (the paid version outside of in app purchase) and I love it.
fiver22 is offline   Reply With Quote