View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:43 AM   #14
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by weberr View Post
Thanks. Appreciate your expertise. My problem is I don't know who/what is actually in charge of deciding what is in the standard. Is there someone or some group or somewhere to provide suggested enhancements or features?
The ePub standard is developed by the International Digital Publishing Forum, and XHTML is done by the World Wide Web Consortium. You'd probably find more information in their pages about contact, suggestions, etc.

As I said, I'm not sure the ePub standard says anything about how the different files should be displayed (regarding pagebreaks). But if a feature is added to allow displaying two consecutive files without a pagebreak, I bet it will be the first feature to be ignored by reading applications (after page headers/footers)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote