View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Actually, my understanding is that you can not sell something as new if it has been sent to another customer first. This is why Apple, Dell, HP all have a refurbished section on their websites. The refurbs could be either an item someone returned that they didn't want, or one that was exchanged as broken and fixed/clean/etc (truly refurbished).

If someone finds out Amazon is selling 30 day returns as new units I think there would be quite an uproar. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kindle refurb store come up sometime in the future.

BOb
All of the electronics stores that I have shopped at sell returned items as new. As long as it is as good as new, I see nothing wrong with that. If there has been no need to refurbish it, then I do not see why they should sell it as such.

Some of the stores (not all ... but some), will offer a small discount for what they call "open box" items ... but that's about it.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote