View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Gameboy70
Connoisseur
Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, 3rd Gen iPad
ION Book Saver Cancelled

I don't know how many MobileRead members were waiting for the ION Book Saver as anxiously as I was. I was hoping that we'd finally hear an announcement at CES next week, after waiting a whole year. Alas, right on the eve of CES, I got the following email:

Quote:
January 5, 2012

As a valued customer, we wanted to inform you that Ion Audio will not be moving forward with production of the BookSaver. We pride ourselves on supplying our customers with a quality product at a reasonable price, and this item has failed to meet our expectations. We do have a limited quantity of other scanning products in our current line that may meet your needs – the DocuScan and the CopyCat. Please call us at 888-800-0681 and we will provide a 20% discount should you decide to place an order.

Debra Sturdevant-Toher
eCommerce Supervisor
InMusic Sales
I guess I'll be sending my out-of-print books to 1DollarScan or a similar service after all.
Gameboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote