View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 AM   #8
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
If I want the majority to have the "NZ" tag. I simply add it - that same way you'd have to do to get that tag added.
Of course, but I thought we were talking about the value of having metadata downloaded tags. I will only know to put "NZ" on a book if I have already read it or know enough about it.

Whereas the value of downloaded tags (to me) would be that it can tell me things about not only books I have read but more importantly books I haven't. However as tags are not consistently applied in the metadata sources that value is too questionable for my purposes. As I said above if a tag is meant to have some "meaning" such as a character name, then the value of that meaning is lessened when not every occurrence is tagged with it that should have it.

It is like having a "Read" tag or custom column, but only populating it for some of the books. You can't then use it to exclude all books that you have "read" from some action. Over time you will work through your library and make sure that it is set correctly, but until you have done that it has no useful value for making decisions or searching. Multiple that by thousands of tags and as I say the OCD in me just can't cope
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote