View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Light - just wondering if you are in Europe, since you refer to €s?

If so, then the new lower prices for the Sony 300 and 600 (with the 300 at only £99) might do all you want. (There are rumours of new Sony products later this year, but I doubt thay will be at these lower prices)

Personally, I cannot bear the touchscreen of the 600 and am a happy user of the 300 - it's pdf functionality is limited if you are wishing to use it for more that just pdf books. I have also found the 5" screen is perfectly fine for book reading and the unit fits easily in to a jacket pocket.

The PocketReader range has just gone back up in price some way above your €200 limit.

I do not believe Kobo is available directly within Europe.

Of course, the new Kindle 3 must, in my opinion, be considered - nothing in Europe offers quite the simple "one stop shop" functionality, with the new Pearl screen as well, at anything like the price. Much as it may pain me to admit this.

If you live in the US, then your choices are much greater and others are better placed to advise.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote