Thread: Troubleshooting Fried K3
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Hey, y'all.

I got my working K3g with a broken screen today, so I'm ready to do the mix'n'match thing. The question today is... What is the right way to disconnect the 3G antenna from the modem? It looks to me like it should slide off, in the direction as if you would pull on the wire. I've done it twice, and it worked once that I know of, but it didn't come off the way I expected it to. It feels like it just turns around, and then pouf! it's not there any more. I don't have a lot of money invested here, but I'd still like to get it right.

Thanks for your help,
Andy
That thing is a tiny coax connector for very tiny coax.
It is a "right angle entry" connector that makes it look like a spade connector (but it isn't).

Use a tiny, sharp edged tool (knife blade?) and work the connector straight up from the board by prying up at several places around its circumference.

NOT to either side!
DO NOT bend the coax wire. The center wire is a stiff, solid wire, putting a bend in the coax forces the center wire to cut through the center insulation - making it non-working scrap.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote