View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #14298
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I am currently reading Hal Spacejock and hope it lives up to some of the hype I have seen where it is compared favorably to the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Red Dwarf. So far it hasn't, but I will finish it.
I finished this on Tuesday, my opinion didn't change and I won't be continuing in this series, but I can't decide what to read next.

As a stop-gap I read a short story - The Death Clock by J. Rock - which was good. Then at lunch I saw The Feeling of Power by Isaac Asimov in the "Name this Book" thread, so read it too. Then when looking for the story I was asking about, I decided to read The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell. I don't think I have read it before, but it was very good. I also started another Julius Katz short on my way home.

As for what to read next, I considered starting Cloudburst by Ryne Douglas Pearson, but that doesn't appeal right now. Maybe I will try to fill in a couple decades that I am missing and read something from 1900-1909 (Anne of Green Gables?), 1930-1939 (Little House on the Prairie? At the Mountains of Madness?) or 1960-1969 (Dune? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?).
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote