View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I also agree with todos. I was actually planning on never using a cover for it. I see people on buses just toss their cell phones into their bag when they approach their stop, and why should an e-reader be any different.

I dislike the principle of the thing to some extent. You walk into an accessory store and you see a bunch of square to rectangular shaped pieces of material and one is a book cover, one is a Bible cover, one is a CD cover, and one is a cover for an Ipod Touch, and each of them cost over $40 bucks.

When my children were babies, people used to freak out that I didn't have a diaper bag, too. Why should I need one when I already had a knapsack to stick stuff in? An expensive gimmick only designed to be used for the first couple years...

I've always been a "toss it into my bag and who cares" girl. My gecko cover was kind of an impulse purchase because I was constantly wiping smudges and dust and little crumbs or whatnot (people can be slobby), whenever I went out. At home I use it naked, and I mostly use the cover when I go out.

What influenced me to finally get a cover was nothing but my own paranoia that Murphy's law would happen to me, and I'd naturally be the one to slip on ice, watching my e-reader fly out of my hands and shatter into a million pieces, taking my heart with it. A couple of times I gasped as my reader almost fell out of my hands onto pavement.

But at home, I like the feel of the plain reader in my hands.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote