View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
My very recently retired Touch Pro2 was wonderful beyond words. A five line tilting landscape keyboard with offset, spaced keys and good tactile feedback that was always handy. I mostly used it for putting down ideas but got down some text as well, frequently after I'd already turned in for the night, but it also came in handy on walks and in lines.

Software was iffy, that was an oooold phone and ran a hacked version of android, so my software choices were limited. I often input snippets into gmail and saved it as a draft, accessed it from a browser later. It was actually a surprisingly tolerable software solution. I kept that thing around for years after it was obsolete because the keyboard was irreplaceable. I still think of it very fondly. I'd have paid double to get a phone half as nice as the one I have with that qwerty.

I rarely use my current phone for input at all, though I occasionally experiment with voice transcription. I hate using paper, but I have been doing that more and more of late, and I still have a stack of 5x8s from when before my TP2. I have an Asus transformer I work on some, and have recently started using onenote on it (the android version has only recently become mature enough for me to use). I don't add directly to any project from it, I have a mobile skydrive notebook that I write in and then import various snippets to the project later. I find tech behaves better if you don't trust it.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote