View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #82
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
+1

Concern over this makes sense, but ultimately it isn't a big deal, especially as there are plenty of viable alternatives in the market (and will be for the foreseeable future). Straw man arguments about Amazon deleting arbitrary content are not exactly impressive....
I think this is a big deal. More and more I buy besides books, software from the Net rather than from a store. I don't want to find out that any company can troll around and remove products from my PC. Not to mention the Amazon model may eventually be the dominate one. Once the other readers have Wifi we may all be connecting directly to booksellers from our readers.

The other viable argument is also suspect in another way. If a company discriminates and refuses to provide services to a group of people for ethnic or other reasons, is that ok because there maybe other companies around to provide a similar service. This isn't a discrimination issue but I believe to say look elsewhere is disingenuous at best.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote