View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 06:16 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
I contacted them a while back too, but no reply.
This is why I am so impressed with the people from Onyx (and their resellers). They are genuinly interested in communicating with the customers and they seem to be taking our feedback seriously.

This may be difficult to convey, what I'm about to say, but sometimes (ESPECIALLY in Peru), there is a cultural "lag" in the way companies do business with individuals. Companies do NOT return phone calls; also, Peruvians do not have the same sense of "TIME" that Western cultures have. (I am NOT generalizing, and these are not my words - they were taken from a number of professionals that I work with. Here time is jokingly called "Peruvian Time.")

What this means, regarding Peru, is that other countries have come in and have been doing business using different methods and MANY businesses have been successful. They have taken dominance over their Peruvian competition simply because they are receptive to the demands/requests of their customers. Returning something as simple as a phone call conveys a sense of caring.

What is my point here? Simply this:

If returning phone calls from start-up companies is non-existent due to cultural issues or sheer incompetence, then consumers will move - like a herd of packed and tagged cattle - into another area of easy ingress.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote