View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #137
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
I really like this reader! But the font formatting seems very erratic. For example, I have it set to Droid Serif, but in the current book I'm reading (the latest Liz Williams, purchased from Smashwords), only the preface is serif and the rest is nonserif - unless I check "embolden font". I have to increase font size to 28 or 30 to make the main body of the book readable, and then the prefatory material font is huge. Furthermore, almost every time I open the book the text is enormous and stretched out horizontally, then it (slowly) reformats and goes back to the small nonserif font. I have other books from Smashwords that are OK.

Line spacing varies wildly from one book to the next, also.

I have a feeling all this may be css related, but I can't find a setting for it to ignore css formatting in the document, like some readers have. Any thoughts?

PS. Oh, and the English hyphenation dictionary...isn't.

Last edited by wayrad; 01-24-2011 at 01:13 PM.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote