View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #40
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes View Post
Thanks, Lemurion, for the feedback:

I have the NOOKcolor placed in the middle of the pack for the apps and games factor currently. Thanks for pointing out the dev communities. I hope I'm not offending them by saying that the NOOKcolor "lacks substantial developer community," but I think that relative to the iOS and Android development scenes, it's much smaller. Right now, the NOOKcolor is placed higher than the Kindles (which also have active commercial developers) but lower than the Android ereaders (and much lower than the iPad ereaders). For the common user who's not up for installing a new OS or other such fun technical stuff, I think this is a proper placement. Tech guys will dig deeper, not need an app store, and know intrinsically that they're beyond using this factor in their decision. Also, when NOOK Extras Marketplace launches, I suspect that I'll be moving the NOOKcolor up a bit.
I'm not sure why you're separating the Nook Color community out from other Android devices. All the major Android development sites I've seen have a Nook Color section in the same way they have a section for any other Android device.