View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Calibre help with templates - Series/Title display

I just don't seem to be catching on to understanding the basics of customizing Calibre - I've gone over the tutorials and the forum here, and they seem to assume a basic understanding of the functions and syntax I can't seem to grasp.

I thought I'd try a walk-thru to see if it helped, and somewhere I missed something. I've followed this tutorial and it has had no effect on my T2, with the exception of reversing Author First Last to Last, First which I did NOT want to happen.

In the Calibre Sony_sort column, I get -
Pratchett, Terry - Discworld 01 - The Color of Magic < This is how I want the T2 to display the titles

T2 the title displays as -
Pratchett, Terry - The Color of Magic
and in the filepath on the device is -
Pratchett, Terry > Color of Magic, The - Terry Pratchett

My series each have their own tag ( Series / * ) so they are grouped together in the Collections list - I prefer not to have random collections mixed in with the genre-named collections. I'm looking to have the Series name/number displayed like it is at the end of the tutorial, with the exception of Author Firstname Lastname

My 'Save Template' under the PRS-T1 plugin configuration is {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

Is that what I need to change? If so, how do I correctly state it? And is 'Configure Device' the place to do it?
{author_sort}/{title} - {series index} - {authors}

sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote