View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #51
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Making profit is good enough.
For a private company, yes. Public, no. People invest with expectations of performance. When those expectations aren't met or when they feel there is no more money to be made they move on to other investments.

Don't get me wrong, Apple isn't going to collapse next week or next year. But just making a profit isn't good enough. Neither is increasing sales when you are losing market share. Ask RIM about that. I think Apple has peaked and is on the downturn. How far down they go will depend a lot on what they release over the next year. And with their cash reserves they would have to be completely inept to go down as far as RIM has. I don't see that happening.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote