View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #15
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I do a similar thing, but I am not sure how you use HTML in place of CSS. The only spots I can think to do this is to use empty paragraph for section breaks instead of increasing the top or bottom margin of the paragraph. Is that it?
I use the css to define how the tags work, rather than using css classes. I have a standard css file that goes into each epub.

Use <body> rather than <body class="calibre7">
Use <p> rather than <p class="calibre7">
Use <i>, <b>, <sup> rather than <span class="calibre7">
Use <h3> rather than <h3<span class="calibre7"><span class="calibre8"><span class="calibre9">

Section breaks are: <p class="center">&mdash;&mdash;</p>
This makes them very visible, especially at the bottom and top of a page.

I generally only use <span> for things like smalling the font (small caps) or messing with the formatting.

This all keeps the html as simple as possible. And lets me use the adjustments on the devices to do a chunk of the format handling.

I also do the following to override formats: <p class="noindent FontSansSerif FontSize08">

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is interesting. Something different in the last few books? Maybe try the first one you read and see what happens.
Nope, I've been reading a series of books, all recently formatted. The first few didn't have this problem, the later ones do.

I am doing a lot of annotion in the books, though.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote