View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #38
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure25 View Post
I speak from experience as I have an iPad 3 (received as a gift). I like it. I don't love it. I can't use it for work at all, literally. Office 2013 makes me want Surface RT (I am strongly leaning towards hitting the buy button). Oh, and its only $20 more for a nicer color, not $100. You can get the bundle with a black touch keyboard cover or pay $20 more for a color.
Nope, it says "Add $119.99" and "Add $129.99" for any color besides black on their preorder page.

I have the iPad 3 as well, and use it extensively at work for handwritten notes and mock-ups, and at home for surfing and communicatiing, mostly. The RT is something like the iPad in that it is a limited device: a bit less limited with the USB port and SD card slot, but with a lower screen resolution (it would drive me nuts) and worse battery life, plus probably a much smaller app store. I have Office on my work laptop and don't need it at home at all, but if I did, this may sound like an intesting device to me.

What I really need is something I can install desktop software on, including iTunes, and that I can hook up external devices to so I can tranfer content to external drives, PMPs and my Kindle, when the library won't allow whispersync delivery. I very much hope that the Surface Pro, although thicker than the RT, will be a good contender. I hate my personal laptop and can't wait to ditch it.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote