View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I came to the end of the book feeling as if I'd come to the place I'd started on a long circular path. All along the way I kept waiting for the science fiction to begin. It never did. It was political. It was utopian.
I tried to warn people about how bad this was going to be and did they listen? Nope, they went and voted for it just to spite me. They didn't spite me. I just feel sorry for the way the vote went. We had some good books there and the worst one got voted in.

Le Guin wrote one semi-decent book (Left Hand of Darkness) and because of that, many people think she's a good writer when most of her books are awful because of the way she writes and sometimes because of the subject matter.

I didn't read this one and I never will. Life is too short.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote