View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #57
chromedome
Enthusiast
chromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Voyage, PW2, Kobo Glo (KK, Sony PRS600)
I don't care what format an e-book is in, although for my Kobo, I do prefer the kepub format.

I find the price that suits me best and purchase from that site, be it Amazon, Kobo or wherever. If the price is near-about the same on Kobo and Amazon then I'll buy Kobo for kepub. Wherever I purchase from, I just do the necessary "Alf'ing of the file and hey presto it's available for any of my devices to read at my leisure. I do not give lend or sell these copies to people outside my immediate family, unlike p-books which I often giveaway or donate to charity.

I don't care for DRM and would not purchase from a place where it became impossible to remove. Thus if Amazon, for example, find some way of stopping DRM removal then they'd just lose my custom. IMHO the practice of DRM embedding should be stopped as it mostly has with mp3's (because it doesn't work) I believe that the prices of e-books should be lowered slightly to remove temptation for pirating from the vast majority of honest people that are willing to pay for what they consume.
chromedome is offline   Reply With Quote