Thread: Development Pocket Edge 2.2 NEW Firmware
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #314
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmayin View Post
I have tried a number of the various updates in this and other threads, renamed them to update.zip on my sd card, and have yet to see an update splash screen while I have held down the menu and rotate buttons for very long after sliding the power button. I have used the reset button as suggested, and currently my pocket edge will not boot, and hangs with 3 dots with the text displaying backwards. There does not seem to be any log file on my sd card. Any help would be appreciated.
You only need to hold down the Menu and Rotate buttons for approximately 10 seconds upon powering up and then release. Since you have the three dot boot up with reverse text there is a high probability you used a full sized eDGe update for your Pocket eDGe. Like ivanjt said, try restoring the PE with the Dingo OS first. If it works you will need to perform the procedure twice. Please take a look at my Resource Sticky for detailed instructions and download links. Heed all warnings.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote