View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #38
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murz_07 View Post
And one more question: will I be able to repair my Kinle with serial cable if I get one?
The serial cable connection gives you more options that are built-in. You can export and flash partitions using the ymodem protocol. Using USB-only requires using software tools that we are still creating and learning how to use. At this time the most reliable way (if your kindle is not TOO bricked) is to boot to diags and repair your kindle by putting the commands you need in a RUNME.sh script). You can write a backup copy to the main system boot partition with:

dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=1024

This has been documented multiple times in this and other threads.

You may want to change bs=1024 to bs=1M to speed up the write, but I have not yet verified that the version of dd in the kindle supports the "1M" size (not all version do).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote