View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Kindles always had/have fonts that are designed to look good and are easy to read on a digital display. Kobo, I believe, aims for fonts that look like print books, but that are not neccessary optimized or designed for digital displays. It comes down to personal preference. Maybe you could look at a K4 or a Touch to see if size and line spacing suits you. The PW has basically the same options, but more fonts. If you insist on a specific font you could always embed the one you like - you are going to have to convert your existing epub library to mobi anyway. Comparing the font size options from your Sony to a Kindle is not really fair, unless you seen it with your own eyes. The options on my prs-300 concerning fonts are horrific - the only way I am still using it is with prs+ (plus I am waiting for PW to be available for order again). The x50 Sonys got maybe a little better?

Bottom line, if you won't be happy with a K4 or Touch, the added fonts on the PW won't make much difference. Just remember that switching brands always comes with pros and cons ...
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote